Dear Friends and Guests,
The safety and health of our guests and staff are what we care about the most and we want to keep you informed on the basic actions and precautions we will be taking.
As it has always been, we take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and we will be taking additional measures developed in consultation with the Ministry of Tourism and the National Organization for Public Health (ΕΟΔΥ) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous.
In accordance with the instructions of the Greek Ministry of Tourism, we are enhancing our operating protocols to prevent the occurrence of COVID-19 and provide effective handling of suspicious cases with the aim to contain the spread of the cases to the guests and staff.
A few of the steps that we will be taking will be the following:
- Staff Training: A coordinator has been appointed to supervise the implementation of the protocol plan and is responsible for handling of a possible case. The staff is trained in abiding with the health and hygiene protocols and in addition to initial training, our team members will be receiving updated information, support and coordination.
- Collaboration with a Doctor: We collaborate with a Doctor who acts on the instructions of ΕΟΔΥ (National Organization for Public Health) for the control of COVID-19 and he is trained particularly in taking nasopharyngeal samples for molecular testing from a suspected case.
- Check-in & Check-out: Following the guidelines of the official authorities, the new Check-in hour will be from 15:00 and on and the new Check-out hour will be up until 11:00. This change in the time interval between each check-in and check-out is mandatory to ensure that the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between different guests, as well as that the room has undergone adequate natural ventilation.
- Check-in procedure: A suitable configuration has been put in place for the reception area in addition to floor marking at a distance of two meters where the guests should stand. An email will be sent to all guests in order to fill in the details required for the check-in process along with a questionnaire where each guest will be able to personalise his/her stay in our property. This process will limit physical contact and will reduce the waiting time at the reception area.
- Guest Rooms Cleaning: As per the official guidelines, we will not provide daily room cleaning during the stay (to avoid unnecessary contact of cleaning staff with a possible case and further transmission). We will reduce items such as extra blankets, extra pillows, decorative items, etc. unless required by the guests. Special attention will be given when guests depart and before new guest’s arrival. All rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with particular attention paid to high-touch areas and items.
- Linen Cleaning: Daily change of bed linen and towels will be offered only at the guest’s request. Everything will be washed in accordance with the guidelines of the National Organization for Public Health (ΕΟΔΥ) at our own laundry.
- Public Spaces Cleaning: We will be increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the reception desk, knobs, public bathrooms, etc.
- Swimming pool & pool area: The maximum total number of guests entering the swimming pool at any given time will not be greater than 8 swimmers. It is recommended that guests make a shower before and after using the swimming pool. We will monitor more frequently the proper operation, maintenance and cleaning process of our swimming pool along with the adjustment of chlorination and pH values. The layout of the seats (sunbeds, chairs, poufs, sun loungers, etc.) will be less dense in accordance with the distances set by ΕΟΔΥ.
- Disinfection points: We will set certain disinfection points in public areas. Sanitisers and disposable masks will be available at the reception.
- Physical distancing: Guests will be advised and encouraged to practice distancing of at least 2 meters from individuals and groups of people they are not travelling with. Moreover, we would like to inform you that keeping the required physical distancing is easy in our property as we only have 14 units. Every unit has its own veranda or balcony and its own open space entrance, there are no corridors, no elevators, no buttons, and no one else will touch your door handle.
We look forward to welcoming you at Villa Irena Bianca!